In the last installment, Moon asked me to write a Hackerspace guide to starting a bar fight without getting involved yourself. I am an expert on not getting involved in bar fights because I've never started one. In true Hackerspace fashion, I shall not let that deter me from giving advice.
1. Cause Offense.
Insult somebody who hasn't got friends capable of taking you out immediately.
2. Sacrifice Your Companion.
When the insultee looks up from their drunken stupor, blame your friend, or better yet, blame Liveschedules.
3. Run Away.
4. Tell Us All About It.
Addendum from Liveskittles, who is taking an enforced "vacation" from open thread duty
Teapot scheduled this post in advance, so she asked me to plug this week's posts on Hackerspace:
- Elena wrote about traveling across France on a shoestring budget.
- Anthony Dejolde, who never comments here but may write more pieces than anyone else, wrote about cheap lodging.
- Everyone is cheap.
- Not actually from Hackerspace, but this primer on papercraft is something that many of you might find interesting.
- Lastly, Teapot wrote about one of Kinja's secret rooms: the draft page. Here, you can read the half-formed and disturbing thoughts that huh abandoned or the legendary open thread that Andy Orin himself wrote but never published. MYSTERY. (Update: Andy explained its origin here.)